To Report an Allegation of Bullying
Dugger Union Community Schools takes bullying serious. All allegations of bullying are investigated. Bullying is defined by Indiana Code 20-33-8-0.2 as:
Overt (intentional) unwanted, repeated acts or gestures including:
- Verbal or Written Communication, or images transmitted in any manner (including digitally or electronically)
- Physical acts committed, aggression, or any other behaviors that are committed by a student or group of students against another student with the intent to
- Harass, Ridicule, humiliate, intimidate, or harm the targeted student and
- Create for the targeted student an objectively hostile school environment.
- “Objectively hostile learning environment”:
- Places the targeted student in reasonable fear or harm to the targeted student’s person or property.
- Has a substantially detrimental effect on the targeted student’s physical or mental health
- Has the effect of substantially interfering with the targeted student’s academic performance, or
- Has the effect of substantially interfering with the targeted student’s ability to participate in or benefit from the services, activities, and privileges provided by the school.
Click here to report an allegation of bullying.